Saturday, March 5, 2011

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

Way #20 Do your aerobic exercise in a group

Enjoyed my first ride today with the Sacramento Recumbent
Cyclists or "bents" as these comfy riders call themselves.  A
beautiful ride along the American River.  I barely noticed it
was my longest ride of the year, at least until the last 5
miles.

Aerobic exercise is just born to be done with others.  Pushing
yourself without that encouragement and challenge rarely, if
ever, can produce the same results.

There are benefits such as comraderie, tips and seeing things
done in a different way you would never figure out on your
own.  But probably the best part is that becoming part of a
group makes the activity a part of your life and much less
likely to quit.
 
Date:  3/5/2011
Day: 64
Weight: 351.0  (-17.2)
BMI: 43.6
Miles Ridden: 431
Days to Las Vegas (Oct. 15th): 221

No comments:

Post a Comment