Saturday, February 12, 2011

Lord I'm one, Lord I'm two, Lord I'm three thousand miles from my goal

Way #14 Set short and medium term goals

Long term goals have a way of getting out of focus.  Unless you are an exceptionally driven person like Mark Cuban or Bill Gates you will want to use this way to help to get to where you want to be.
 
I've had the goal of completing a 100 miles bike ride this year (target October in Las Vegas) since the beginning of this adventure.  Now I'm going to pursue the shorter range goals of averaging 5 miles a day in January, 6 in February, and so forth until I'm averaging 15 miles a day in October.
 
This happens to work out to 3,000 miles in 300 days, which I'll be tracking via a virtual bike ride across America.  Check it out at project100ways.com!

Date:  2/12/2011
Day: 43
Weight: 351.0  (-17.2)
BMI: 43.9
Miles Ridden: 251
Days to Las Vegas: 258

No comments:

Post a Comment